Last Updated: August 25, 2022
1.1 What this Policy Covers
This Policy applies to goshenmedical.org (the “Site”), regardless of how you access it. Through the Site, Goshen may provide information services as a service provider to other businesses, as more fully described elsewhere on the Site (“Services”).
These Services may involve certain personal information, along with other types of information we receive from other sources. By “personal information,” we mean any information that identifies you, such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number.
1.2 Whom this Policy Covers
The information we collect depends on the type of relationship you have with Goshen. We intend to collect personal information from only visitors with the following relationships with us:
- “Current Patient” is someone who has visited one of our locations and been seen by a doctor or medical professional.
- “Prospective Patient” is someone who would like to become a patient and agrees to supply certain basic information on one of our New Patient Forms.
- “Visitor” is someone who chooses to visit our Site but is not necessarily a Current Patient or Prospective Patient.
1.3 Whom and What this Policy Doesn’t Cover
This Policy doesn’t apply to the following:
- California Consumers. We don’t intend to collect or otherwise process personal information about California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). When we say “process,” we mean collecting, using, sharing, or performing similar actions on information. If you reside in California, do not submit any of your personal information through the Site unless you’re acting as a corporate representative of one of our Current Patients, Prospective Patients, or Visitors. For more information about California privacy rights, see the “California Notice.”
- Goshen as a Service Provider or Processor. This Policy doesn’t apply when Goshen is acting as a “service provider” or a “processor” that processes personal information only in accordance with a Current Patient’s instructions. Please review the relevant Patient Care policy to learn more about its practices, including its use of service providers like Goshen.
- Links to Other Websites. Although we might provide links to unaffiliated websites, this Policy doesn’t apply to your use of those sites. If you follow links to such sites, you should review their privacy policies since they might be different from this Policy. Goshen is not responsible for unaffiliated sites’ privacy or data security practices or policies.
2. Information We Collect
We may collect the below types of information when you use our Site or Services.
2.1 Information We Collect
2.1.1 Basic Patient Information
To get started with Goshen’s Services, Prospective Patients will work with one of our staff to set up an account at a location of their choice. As an optional beginning to that process, Prospective Patients can complete and submit one of our online New Patient Forms found on this website (Medical or Dental). This only asks for basic information: preferred Goshen location/practice, name, address, email, phone number, and preferred appointment times. This data is only used to notify the pertinent staff of a user’s request to become a patient. All further, more private information will be collected via a HIPAA-compliant form to be filled out in person at or before the time of the first appointment.
2.2 Information Collected from Those Interested in Goshen’s Services
Our Site contains forms and other features Current Patients, Prospective Patients, and Visitors can use to request more information about our Services. They can request this information on the following places on the Site:
- Contact Us Page
On the Site’s Contact Us page, we include a form to request information or ask a question about our Services. This information is only used relevant to answering the visitor’s question or providing more information as requested on Goshen’s Services.
This Site may include an option for any visitor to sign up for our email newsletter. Visitors must enter their email address into the designated field, and agree to receive periodic email communication from Goshen. This information is only stored for the purposes of our Newsletter.
2.3 Information We Collect through Technology on the Site
We collect certain information through technology whenever you visit our Site (“Log Information”). Log Information includes the following:
- Internet Protocol Addresses
We collect the Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) from which you access the Internet and the website you visited before coming to our Site. An IP address is a unique number linked to the device you use to engage in online activity.
- Browser Information
We collect the type and version of the browser you’re using. A “browser” is a software application that lets you access the Web. Examples of popular browsers include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Cookies, Pixel Tags, and Similar Technologies
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
How we use information depends on the kind of relationship you have with us, the Services you’re receiving, your activities on the Site, and our legal obligations. With that in mind, we use information for the below purposes:
- Administering Your Account. We may use personal information and Log Information to create, manage, or improve our Current Patients’ accounts. Additionally, we may use this information to send Current Patients emails about technical support, billing, compliance, your account, and similar matters (“Transactional Emails”).
- Communicating with You. We may use personal information to communicate with Current Patients, Prospective Patients, and Visitors. For instance, we may use this information to respond to questions you might have about our Site or Services or provide you with Goshen informational materials you requested.
- Providing Our Services. We may use personal information, Service Information, Outside Information, and Log Information to deliver our Services to Current Patients. As one of our Services, for instance, we use Outside Information to create our electronic bulk files of criminal records and other publicly available information.
- Improving Our Site and Services. We may use personal information, Service Information, Outside Information, and Log Information to improve our Services. For example, we might analyze what Service Information Current Patients are sending us while using our Services so that we can enhance the relevance of Services we provide.
- Maintaining Security. We may use personal information and Log Information to maintain the Site’s and our Service’s security and prevent fraud or abuse.
- Advertising and Marketing. We may use personal information and Log Information for advertising and marketing. For example, we may use information you enter into our online forms to email you newsletters, promotional offers, surveys, polls, and similar marketing communications (“Marketing Emails”).
- Complying with Law. We may use personal information to comply with any applicable procedures, laws, regulations, subpoenas, governmental requests, legal process, or other legal or regulatory requirements.
4. How We Share Your Information
We won’t sell or lease personal information as described in the CCPA or similar laws. We also won’t share your personal information with anyone outside Goshen except in the following circumstances:
- Legal Issues. We may share personal information to comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements. We also may share personal information with our lawyers or other consultants to advise us in legal matters or represent us in ongoing or possible litigation, mediation, arbitration, or other legal proceedings.
- Vendors. We may share personal information and Service Information with our vendors, information sources, service providers, or other partners that provide us with their services. For example, we may supply personal information Patients Visitors or Prospective Patients give us through our online contact forms to marketing research firms we engage to help us improve and better market our Services. These vendors may use data we provide to them only in accordance with our instructions.
- Emergencies. We may share personal information to address threats to a person or property, violations of this Policy, or actual or threatened illegal activities.
- Co-Branding and Joint Marketing. We may share personal information with companies with whom we have co-branding or joint marketing agreements. These companies may use data we provide to them only in accordance with Goshen’s instructions.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information within Goshen’s family of companies. This includes any new affiliated company that might be added to Goshen’s corporate family.
- Business Transactions. We may share personal information as part of a business transaction, such as a merger or sale of Goshen. Although unlikely, we also may share personal information if we ever engage in certain bankruptcy proceedings.
- With Your Consent. We may share your personal information with people outside Goshen when we’ve received your consent.
5. Opting Out of Certain Emails
We provide the following opt-out choices for emails discussed in this Policy:
- Transactional Emails. Because we send our Current Patients messages about important matters such as billing or compliance, we don’t allow them to opt out of Transactional Emails.
- Marketing Emails. If a Current Patient, Prospective Patient, or Visitor no longer wants to receive Marketing Emails after initiating certain contact with us, they may opt out of these emails within any Marketing Email (unsubscribe).
6. How We Use Web Analytics Services
6.1 What Web Analytics Services We Use and Why
We use web analytics services, such as those listed below. These services rely on third-party cookies placed on the Site to generate the following information and supply it to Goshen.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how Visitors use the Site. For instance, Google Analytics compiles reports that tells us what pages of the Site Visitors viewed and what features on those pages engaged their interest. Knowing this information helps us improve Visitors’ experience on the Site.
- Google Ads. We use Google Ads to log when Visitors view specific pages or take specific actions on a website, such as filling out one of our online contact forms. This lets us provide our Visitors with Goshen advertisements on someone else’s website sometime after visiting our Site.
- Google Search Console. We use Google Search Console to monitor how the Site appears in Google Search results so we can improve its ranking.
6.2 Who’s Responsible for These Services’ Privacy Practices
In some cases, you can manage or opt out of individual third-party cookies. To manage your Google Ads cookie settings, click here. To manage your Google Analytics settings, click here.
7. Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to send a Do Not Track signal (“DNT signal”) to websites you visit. A DNT signal is a preference you can select in some browsers to direct websites not to track you. Because the Internet industry hasn’t adopted a DNT standard, this Site may not respond to DNT signals from your browser.
8. California Notice
8.1 CCPA Exemptions
If you’re a California resident, the CCPA gives you certain rights concerning your personal information. The CCPA, however, generally doesn’t apply to the information Goshen collects, uses, or shares. For example, we process “publicly available information” and other information governed by laws such as the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (“DPPA”). The CCPA exempts both kinds of information from its coverage.
8.2 Goshen as a Service Provider
To the extent we might process personal information under the CCPA, we typically act as a “service provider” and process that information under service provider agreements with our Current Patients. If a Current Patient or someone on its behalf shares your personal information with us and you want to exercise your CCPA rights, please ask that Current Patient directly about exercising those rights.
8.3 Rights under the CCPA
If you’re a California resident and believe we’ve collected your personal information outside a “service provider” relationship, you may contact us about exercising the following CCPA rights:
- Right to Know. California residents may ask us what categories of personal information we’ve collected about them and whether we’ve disclosed or sold that information for a business purpose over the last 12 months. Here’s where you can find this information:
- For a description of the categories of personal information we’ve collected in the past 12 months, see “Information We Collect.”
- For a description of the categories of personal information we’ve disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months, see “How We Share the Information We Collect.” We don’t sell your personal information under the CCPA.
- For a description of the categories of people to whom we’ve disclosed personal information in the past 12 months, see “How We Share the Information We Collect.”
- Access. California residents may ask Goshen to disclose what personal information it collected, used, and disclosed in the past 12 months.
- Deletion. California residents may request the deletion of certain personal information.
- Nondiscrimination. Goshen enforces a strict nondiscrimination policy when you exercise your CCPA rights.
If applicable, Goshen will help you exercise these rights free of charge. If you make a CCPA request, we’ll take steps to verify your identity. But the CCPA might exempt certain personal information from these requests. Examples of such exempted information include personal information processed under the DPPA.
9. Protecting Your Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your information. For instance, we test our system for cybersecurity threats and use data encryption technologies to protect your personal information.
However, no online communication or electronic storage method is completely secure or “hacker proof.” Despite all our efforts, we can’t guarantee the security of any information that you submit to the Site through the Internet or that we electronically store. With that in mind, you should use caution and discretion when determining what information to send us.
Goshen may change this Policy at any time. We will post any changes on this webpage and update the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Policy to reflect the date of those changes. We encourage you to review this webpage periodically to stay informed of any changes. If we make material changes to this Policy that expand our rights to use or share your personal information, we’ll provide a prominent notice of such changes and the effective date of the changes before making them. For example, we might include a notice on the Site or email you about the material change.
11. Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
Goshen Medical Center, Inc
412 SW Center Street
Faison, NC 28341-8820